Cloud Security Engineer
What is the role about?
As Bitvavo’s first Cloud Security Engineer, you will manage our security risks in order to improve the level of security of the cloud environments. You will be assessing our security configuration in the cloud, propose improvements or innovations to the current architecture and provide information required for compliance and audit processes. You will be part of our 3-people Security team and you will report into the Security Tech Lead.
Do you have an affinity for Crypto? Our team is looking for self-driven, talented team players who can help make digital assets available for everyone!
How will you make an impact?
- Advising on improvements for Bitvavo’s cloud architectures and application design security based on analysis you conduct and report on
- Assessing the security risks over the infrastructure, architecture, applications and services
- Preparing comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further security enhancement
- Advising on DevSecOps controls implementation
- Working with other teams to help prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols related to security
- Managing any security breaches according to our defined policies and procedures, ensuring that all staff members are informed of the situation accordingly
How will you be successful?
- +2 years of experience in similar roles
- Solid knowledge of architecture and security baselines in Cloud, preferably AWS
- Experience performing cloud security assessments
- Experience implementing security cloud services
- Knowledge of cloud security architecture and configuration
- Knowledge of web application security and secure development (SSDLC), APIs security
- Self-directed, resourceful, and a critical thinker with attention-to-detail and proactive problem-solving skills
- Passionate about self-improvement and suggesting improvements to processes or activities
- Nice to have: InfoSec Certification (e.g. CCSP, etc), AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate / Certified Security Specialist
We care about our people. That's why we have a broad range of benefits to support them mentally, physically, and in their career growth. And an extra holiday for your birthday, just for fun.
- Flexible well-being budget
- Training and development budget
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
- Pension scheme
- 26 days holiday leave
- Drinks and events
- Internet allowance
Meet the team
We are always looking for ambitious people with a passion for digital assets to help us reach our goals.
Apply for this job
And become part of the Bitvavo culture