How you’ll have an impact:
As the Engineering Manager, you will be leading and growing cross-functional engineering teams. You will have an overview of the key aspects of the development life-cycle and therefore the opportunity to push the boundaries to where Bitvavo can go!
You will focus on, leveraging your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your teams that promote and implement engineering best practices. To maximize impact on the business, you will collaborate closely with the CTO and stakeholders to define and execute initiatives; as well as provide feedback to drive your teams to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, high-performing products.
What you'll bring:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, 3+ years of experience in leading engineering teams.
- You are data-driven in your decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills; clear, transparent, and effective. Smart and proactive communication, ability to empathize with peers and direct reports alike.
- Experience building strong engineering teams and lead through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development. Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with company values.
- You have strong people and stakeholders management experience, strategic team planning and OKRs/goals.
- You have practical hands-on experience working with full-stack technology stack (web frontend technologies and frameworks, iOS/android, backend technologies, microservices, DevOps/cloud infrastructure). You are leading by example, and roll up your sleeve when needed.
- You have strong understanding of engineering practices, code quality, clean code, continuous delivery, architecture (trade-offs), and testing practices.
- BSC degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience within FinTech industries.
- Experience working for a tech start-up or scale-up is preferred.
- Experience with tools we don’t use, but should, and the wisdom to know when to recommend them.
Our Tech Stack:
- NodeJS (TypeScript), Go, Kafka, Kubernetes (AWS)
We care about our people. That's why we have a broad range of benefits to support them mentally, physically, and in their career growth. And an extra holiday for your birthday, just for fun.
- Flexible well-being budget
- Training and development budget
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
- Pension scheme
- 26 days holiday leave
- Drinks and events
- Internet allowance
Meet the team
We are always looking for ambitious people with a passion for digital assets to help us reach our goals.
Apply for this job
And become part of the Bitvavo culture