Head of User Experience
How you’ll have an impact:
At this moment at Bitvavo we work together as a Product & UX team. As we grew intensively over the last year, we decided it is time to hire a dedicated leader for the UX side of the team, who will help us to scale further and bring our design and user experience to the next level.
In your role you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and make a real impact on the future of a leading European retail investment platform. You will manage a team of UX designers, UX researchers and UX copywriter. You will be reporting to Head of Product, who oversees both Product Management & UX function.
What you'll do:
- Ensuring that the UX team delivers an impactful and exceptional user experience in terms of design, copy and user needs. At Bitvavo we take great pride in our simple design and convenient experience and we want you to help us to make it even better.
- Setting UX processes and structure to ensure swift collaboration inside the UX team, but also with Product Managers and other stakeholders.
- Working alongside the Head of Product to create UX vision and strategy and ensure it is an important part of company and product strategy. You will be the customer's advocate and will help us become even more user-driven, but you will also be responsible to connect UX research and design with business goals.
- Hiring, managing and developing a team of UX designers, researchers and copy writers. Mentoring members of your team and ensuring they have a direction set in terms of goals and expected outcomes.
- Our current brand design style is simple, minimalistic and elegant - all qualities that our users value highly too. You need to be able to help us aim for UX design excellence and consistency throughout the web and app, based on these values and take design to the next level.
- Securing that our design style is coherent across channels and product teams. At Bitvavo we are working in cross-functional teams which own part of the user journey. UX designers are distributed across the teams, which requires setting the framework and design system in the way that ensures design and user experience is consistent across all user journeys.
What you’ll bring:
- You have experience building and leading a small to midsize UX teams and scaling such a team further.
- You have 10+ years of experience of working as a UX practitioner (designer or researcher) for digital B2C products in cross-functional teams, with at least 3 years of managerial experience.
- You have interest in Fintech and Crypto space. Nice to have: previous experience in these industries.
- You are the customer advocate and understand how user research and design can impact business goals. You value business and product needs as well as you understand user needs.
- You are a great communicator and able to manage stakeholders.
We care about our people. That's why we have a broad range of benefits to support them mentally, physically, and in their career growth. And an extra holiday for your birthday, just for fun.
- Flexible well-being budget
- Training and development budget
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
- Pension scheme
- 26 days holiday leave
- Drinks and events
- Internet allowance
Meet the team
We are always looking for ambitious people with a passion for digital assets to help us reach our goals.
Apply for this job
And become part of the Bitvavo culture