Senior Compliance Officer
How you'll have an impact:
The #1 goal of your role is to create a culture of compliance by infusing ethics into Bitvavo’s operations. You proactively share your knowledge and experience on compliance-related topics within the team, other departments and stakeholders involved in Bitvavo’s operations. You will be part of the Compliance department - Bitvavo's second line of defence and you report to the Head of Compliance.
Bitvavo is ambitious and aims for exponential growth. You will be key in our journey to become Europe's biggest digital asset exchange.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for the co-creation of the compliance strategy and tracking the execution;
- You drive compliance projects internally with relevant stakeholders;
- You will create and maintain an overview of projects and deliverables, and take ownership of the execution within the team;
- You will work closely together with all compliance colleagues and provide guidance on day-to-day work, projects and personal development;
- You will support our international growth ambitions and keep track of local requirements;
- You will serve as SME for new and upcoming regulations and drive awareness and implementation efforts and share your knowledge proactively;
- You manage external interactions with a.o. peers, regulators, auditors, working groups and vendors;
- You will prepare periodic and ad-hoc reporting on the compliance function.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in 2nd line compliance at a FinTech, broker, exchange or other financial institution, covering all aspects of compliance;
- Experience in building a strong compliance culture;
- Proven experience in establishing and continuously evolving a control framework, especially in (advising on) calibrating business rules for ML, TF and Sanctions;
- A coaching mindset towards 1st and 2nd line compliance colleagues;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, both internally and externally;
- Organised, flexible, detail-oriented;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound knowledge of the regulatory environment, both current and future;
- Proven involvement in regulatory change processes and business advisory;
- Business acumen and ability to solve problems pragmatically;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic FinTech environment.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of the crypto space
We care about our people. That's why we have a broad range of benefits to support them mentally, physically, and in their career growth. And an extra holiday for your birthday, just for fun.
- Flexible well-being budget
- Training and development budget
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
- Pension scheme
- 26 days holiday leave
- Drinks and events
- Internet allowance
Meet the team
We are always looking for ambitious people with a passion for digital assets to help us reach our goals.
Apply for this job
And become part of the Bitvavo culture