Senior Software Engineer - Exchange
How you’ll have an impact
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be in an exceptional position to maintain, improve and expand one of the main pillars of Bitvavo, the Exchange domain. You will be part of the team responsible for assets management; how we display assets, prices, and charts to our users, facilitating the day-to-day trading from app to API, and being in the hot seat to list new assets to the platform.
You will collaborate closely with the Exchange Technical Lead and Staff Engineer to investigate and execute different initiatives as well as work together with your teammates to scale all aspects of product development by designing and implementing low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- 5+ years of development experience;
- Experience with event-driven microservices using Kafka;
- Experience with Kubernetes;
- Firm understanding of programming design patterns and principles;
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming.
Nice to have:
- Experience working for a tech start-up or scale-up;
- Experience with frameworks like NestJS or equivalent;
- Experience with Kotlin or Java;
- Experience in working with MySQL, Redis, and/or MongoDB;
- Experience with AWS;
- Affinity with digital assets or financial markets;
- Experience with tools we don’t use, but should, and the wisdom to know when to recommend them.
We care about our people. That's why we have a broad range of benefits to support them mentally, physically, and in their career growth. And an extra holiday for your birthday, just for fun.
- Flexible well-being budget
- Training and development budget
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
- Pension scheme
- 26 days holiday leave
- Drinks and events
- Internet allowance
Meet the team
We are always looking for ambitious people with a passion for digital assets to help us reach our goals.
Apply for this job
And become part of the Bitvavo culture