Staff Engineer - Exchange
What is the role about?
As a Staff Engineer, you have an impact on technical decisions, as well as a variety of projects and initiatives at Bitvavo. In this role, you are part of the Exchange team whose objective is to increase trading volumes, trading flows, and modes that allow users to buy and sell their favorite digital currencies on our platform. Together with our Engineering Managers, Tech Leads and Product Managers, you strive to improve our existing architecture whilst mentoring and building strong relationships with our Senior Engineers.
Do you have an affinity for Crypto? Our team is looking for self-driven, talented team players who can help make digital assets available for everyone!
How will you make an impact?
- Being part of the Exchange domain and leading technology initiatives from start to finish
- Being responsible for designing, architecting, developing and implementing the strategic vision and solution for our future scalable data-driven trading activities
- Defining best practices, processes and coding standards that fuel innovative ideas for emerging business needs and demands
- Mentoring and inspiring engineers on technical decisions and initiative
- Raising the bar on practices and standards while demonstrating leadership
How will you be successful?
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role within the Financial Services industry
- Experience with event-driven microservices (Kafka)
- Knowledge of algorithm complexity and framework structures
- Firm understanding of programming design patterns and principles
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming
We care about our people. That's why we have a broad range of benefits to support them mentally, physically, and in their career growth. And an extra holiday for your birthday, just for fun.
- Flexible well-being budget
- Training and development budget
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
- Pension scheme
- 26 days holiday leave
- Drinks and events
- Internet allowance
Meet the team
We are always looking for ambitious people with a passion for digital assets to help us reach our goals.
Apply for this job
And become part of the Bitvavo culture